tel: 01902 560 247
mob: 07921 398 412
Bespoke Zen-Cart eCommerce Sites
I have built many Zen-Cart based websites over the years, and often get asked about the easiest and most economical way of using the Zen-Cart system. But first of all, what is Zen-Cart?
Zen Cart™ truly is the art of e-commerce; free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart software. The ecommerce web site design program is being developed by a group of like-minded shop owners, programmers, designers, and consultants that think ecommerce web design could be and should be done differently.
Essentially it is free, well supported software to run your online store on. It supports the following features:
- Unlimited product categories and products
- Multi-level product categories
- Comprehensive Administration tools for the owner to modify and control the store once setup
- User account management
- Order tracking
- Newsletter e-mail system
- Stock control
- Multiple payment options supported including SagePay, WorldPay and Paypal
- Versatile postage and shipping charging system
- Discount groups and coupons available
- Fully documented
Your Own Store
If you would like a Zen-Cart store you have two options available, a Zen Package or a completely Bespoke solution. The Zen Package offers the best value for money, quickest and easiest way to get started with a professional online presence.
The Zen Package
This includes all of the following:
For the template I recommend using Template Monster where you can browse an extensive range of templates.
- Installation of Zen-Cart (using UK settings)
- Installation and configuration of template
- Appropriate customisation of the template
- Configuration of a payment gateway (SagePay, Worldpay, Paypal etc)
- Configuration of shipping charges
- Updating the standard E-Mail template to one that looks a lot nicer
- Installation of Google Analytics for visitor tracking
- Installation of Database backup functions
- Installation of a Lightbox image viewer (open larger image on the same page not in a pop-up window)
- Configuration of basic store structure and the initial ten products as examples
- Advice on setting up your store, product listing etc
- Full documentation on managing your store
The cost of the Zen Package (excluding Template) is £500.
This includes customisation of the standard images, backgrounds, logo's etc. However if you wish to make more radical changes to the site you will need to contact me for a full quote.
It is possible to enhance your Zen Package with the following add-ons
This includes the hosting of your website, with your own domain name. It also includes upto ten seperate e-mail addresses.
£10 a month or £100 a year
Search Engine Optimisation
Upgrade your site to make use of Search Engine Friendly URL's / filename. See Dean Morris Cards for an example or see the Magic SEO Website for full details.
Google Product Search
Installation and configuration of the Google Product Search database feed. This requires a specific regular upload to Google to ensure your products are listed in the Product Search results.
If you have very specific requirements or wish to use your own template / design please get in touch to discuss this for a full quote.
Examples of Zen-Cart Stores
Below you can see some examples of Zen Cart implementations I have been involved in:
You can see some more examples in the Examples of Work section.
mdo design | tel: 01902 560 247 / 07921 398 412 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org